There is probably one word that can describe my 2014 and that would be “shitshow.” This year has challenged me and forced me to grow in so many ways. 2014 brought heartache, happiness, success, failure, knowledge, inspiration, travel, and most importantly: wisdom. It ended relationships, rekindled others, and started new ones. It made me experience things that I never thought I would.
2014 stripped me down and exposed me to myself. It forced me out of my comfort zone into a state of complete vulnerability. I am so thankful for what this year has brought – it has made me discover things about myself that I never knew before. Because of this, I feel much more equipped to take on anything that life throws at me.
I am absolutely amazed at myself for how I handled change and adversity this year, and ending the year even better than how I started.
A few big things that happened during my 2014:
• Attended the Lucky Magazine bloggers conference in LA and got to listen to a few of my idols speak: Sophia Amoruso, Nicole Richie, Eva Chen, Aimee Song, and Coco Rocha.
• Was featured in many hugely popular digital publications
• Traveled to San Francisco, Chicago (twice), Los Angeles (twice), Las Vegas (three times…whoops!), Mexico, Hawaii, North Carolina, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Kansas, and Colorado.
• Lived in 6 places over the course of 4 months (yikes!), but eventually settled into a beautiful place that I can call my own.
• Partnered with huge national brands including Piperlime, Levi’s, Pottery Barn, Walgreens, Sexy Hair, Karen Kane, Onna Ehrlich, and Neutrogena
• Expanded my skill set in blogging including learning more about photography, HTML, and Adobe applications
• Became a contributor for AOL and the Style List
• Ended unhealthy relationships and focused my time on building positive, uplifting relationships
• Was hired on at an advertising agency to take over content and graphic design
If 2014 brought this much change and growth, I cannot wait to see what 2015 brings! I don’t know what the future holds but honestly, I like it better that way. I’ve learned to roll with the punches…I will graciously accept whatever God throws my way and use it to my advantage. I know the future holds success, prosperity and opportunity; and I will savor every second of the journey there.
Here’s to 2015!