I don’t know about you but in my house, “dry clean” is just another word for “dirty”. I’ve gotten so annoyed by constantly having to take my clothes to the cleaner that they just sit in a lonely pile that’s never touched. There are probably so many amazing pieces that I’ve forgotten about in that sad little pile…what a waste of good clothes.
Finally, fashion maven can meet domestic goddess.
Ever since I heard about The Laundress New York, my life has been forever changed! No more procrastinating taking my expensive dry clean only items to the cleaners, or wasting hundreds of dollars every couple months getting them cleaned at the dry cleaner (only to get ruined half the time). Not to mention the chemicals involved in detergents and dry cleaning. I’m no anti-chemical lobbyist, but I can say that I am one to opt for chemical-free when it’s available within a reasonable price, as I try to live the most clean and natural life possible (keyword: try). The Laundress uses soft, natural ingredients and preaches a clean home (I’m currently taking their 30-Day Clean Home Challenge). Their products are phosphate-free, dye-free, bleach-free, and have no fragrances added; which makes me feel very comfortable using their products. Someone has finally found a solution to this big laundry mess (pun intended), and I’m so happy to share it!
I had the pleasure of being able to try their most popular items for delicates from their laundry care line, which includes:
- Wool & Cashmere Shampoo – these fabrics pill so easily, and this shampoo was delicate enough to prevent that!
- Delicate Wash – my new solution to dry cleaning
- Stain Solution – this with the stain brush are a magical duo!
- Stain brush – I love that this brush is tough enough to get stains out, but gentle enough not to damage the pieces
- Delicate Spray – ugh, finally someone who gets it…for the times that you only wear that top for a few hours, spray this to freshen up your pieces in between washes. P.S. it’s antibacterial, too!
- Wool & Cashmere Spray – same deal as the delicate spray! You can also use this on hats and scarves too! Finally, something I can use on my Burberry scarf!
- Wash & Stain Bar – a travel friendly, more gentle version of the stain solution. This worked nicely on my white tops with underarm stains!
- Mesh Washing Bags – this is perfect for me, because I am super anal and will sit by my washer checking on my delicates if I have an expensive piece in there. With the bag, I know it’s safe and it’s not going to snag or get tangled in there.
The Laundress gives you a guide to washing the items that say ‘dry clean only’. They say that 90% of dry clean only products are actually washable, and can be washed with The Laundress’ products (one of the owners has even washed her Chanel jacket with them!) However, if you are skeptical about a piece and its washability, check out their blog where they answer tons of questions like this to make you feel 100% comfortable about washing your expensive items.
I can’t wait to try more of their products…I’ve already ordered both the sport detergent and bleach alternative! Not only do they have a solution to keeping your delicates looking expensive, they have tons of different gentle, all-natural product lines including baby care and home cleaning! Most of their line is also available at Target, which you can find here.
As a thank you to my followers, I’ve teamed up with The Laundress New York to give away TWO sets of what you see in the photo below! This includes:
- 1 Delicate Wash
- 1 Wool & Cashmere Shampoo
- 1 Stain Solution
- 1 Crease Release Spray
Trust me, you are going to be blown away just like I was…you’ll be hooked! See the entry form below to see how you can get entries (some daily) to win your own set!
The Laundress Giveaway